1.27.2017

A barn in winter...

Through the ample open door of the peaceful country barn
A sun-lit pasture field, with cattle and horses feeding;
And haze, and vista, and the far horizon, fading away.
-- Walt Whitman


Finding old barns to photograph has been a mission of mine this winter, and I've found myself out on the back roads in all kinds of bad weather.. rain, wind, temperatures in the 'teens. But the weather didn't bother me. It's been fun to get onto roads I've never noticed before, and find barns on roads I've driven a hundred times.

This beautiful broken gable barn stands on an old farm near my own farm, but the star of the show is the old farmhouse and cluster of 100 year+ farm buildings... with Mount Rainier in the background.



Linking this beautiful barn today on Tom's Barn Collective.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to meet another soul who enjoys many of my favorite things...backroads and barns. Welcome to The Barn Collective, I'm glad that you found your way and hope that you will find your way back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in the city, this has been a pastime I've also enjoyed as a calming escape!
    Unfortunately, I keep having to travel farther and farther as urban sprawl creeps.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.