1.22.2017

Barn, revisited...

A couple of days ago, I went back to the perfect farm on the northern edge of the Enumclaw Plateau. The weather was different, with more blue sky and clouds than the Tuesday before, and warmer temperatures. But the barns were the same, and the same sheep were snoozing in front of the barns. The weathered colors were the same, and the beautiful setting was the same. The sheep were still curious, staring at me on the other side of the fence.


I wished I'd been able to cross the fence and get closer to these old structures. Maybe one day I'll ask permission, and get to do that.

But for now, I'll come back when I can, and stand there on the side of the road. I'll watch the change of seasons, and marvel at the weathered red paint of the barns, the tall trees, the golden grass, and the sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.