11.25.2013

Early morning

This is my favorite time of day. The early morning hours, when the house is quiet and my time is my own for just a bit longer. When I worked, it was Friday morning that I looked forward to the most. Now that I'm retired (talk about calling time your own), it's every morning.



I put the kettle on as soon as I get up, and feed the cats. Once the sun comes up, I open the blinds and take a look at the day. I read while I sip my first cup of tea, then open up the laptop and write for a while, updating my journal from the day before, and maybe writing a blog post or two. Once Davey gets up, we make breakfast together while we plan our day.

It's a simple, peaceful routine. Boy, do I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.