11.07.2013

Maple leaf roses

My sister showed me (and Ella) how to make roses from colorful maple leaves. So simple, so gorgeous. From a pile of leaves on my old formica table to finished rose took just a couple of minutes. Ella chose each leaf with care, and helped wrap them with my sister's help. She did a great job! The prettiest leaves were from sugar maples, with deep russet and rose and brown coloring.



The change in weather mean's it's probably too late for this year, but I know where to pick leaves next autumn. There are sugar maples nearby, and there are many different types of ornamental maples along the roads in town. My favorite type grows near my old job. When the leaves start to turn yellow, orange, rust, and red, there is still bright green. It's kind of like having summer and autumn colors all wrapped up into one beautiful package.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.