11.12.2013

Texture Tuesday... Clinging to spring

One of the pleasures of fall and winter is planning the garden for next spring. Photographs taken of my garden borders is one great reminder of what worked (and what didn't). Removing the huge fir tree that shaded much of the perennial garden made all the flowers much happier, especially the poppies. I found volunteer plants all over the gardens last spring... in places they've never grown before.

Bright orange papery thin petals, deep purple centers, feathery stems. They brighten up every corner of the garden, and contrast perfectly with my favorite blues and purples. Even better, they often bloom again in the fall, one last show before winter.

    Textured with Mary from the Downton Abbey collection. Linked to Texture Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.