1.01.2015

A 2014 report card...

Of the goals I set for myself a year ago, how did I do?

Discover more of the country through the lens of my camera | Oregon and Nevada, Colorado and eastern Idaho. Winter, summer, and fall... lots of practice capturing snow and ice, the colors of the ocean and sky, and the oranges and reds of autumn | Take a long MX-5 road trip with my honey | It wasn't the trip we planned, but we managed to get out for ten days in True Red, geocaching and exploring in Palouse country and the Blue Mountains | Do as much fly fishing as possible, in as many places as possible | We fished on the Yeager ranch in Colorado, and two of the best rivers in Idaho: Henry's Fork, and the South Fork of the Snake River. It's sad that we didn't fish at all in our own state, but the trips were great | Spend more time with family, especially my beautiful nieces | There were birthday parties and holiday gatherings, road trips with our Aussie relatives, and a week at the ocean with sister and nieces and great nieces | Volunteer at the local historical society | No time, but will keep this one in mind for 2015. Not as a docent or anything like that, but in the back room doing research. That's my thing | Eat healthier and exercise more | Definitely! Between us we lost a lot of weight this year, and feel better than we have in years. We read recipes together, and cooked together... even better | Smile more, and learn to let go of things outside my control | Boy, not working sure helped me with this one. I used to get so stressed out at my job, worrying about things I had absolutely no control over. I enjoy my life so much more now | Be a tourist in my own town, and visit the local landmarks I've never seen | I had a perfect way to jump-start this one: a visiting niece and her boyfriend from Australia. We did some city exploring together, and even got up to Mt. Rainier in January. Best was finally doing the Seattle Underground Tour | Ride with Jessica, and rediscover my love of all things horsey | This one just didn't happen, and she now lives a couple of hours away | Work on my photography bucket list | A work in progress that keeps growing... I adding much more to the list than I completed | Take a quilting class... maybe even join a quilt guild | We came and went too much to take a class, but I did work on two quilts | Frame my photographs to hang in the house and the cabin | Nope. But I spent a lot of time reviewing my photographs, and know what I want to print | Write more letters the old fashioned way | Two, combined with birthday cards. Does that count? | Take one of Kim's Photoshop Elements classes | In spite of my best intentions, I couldn't pull this off. But it's at the top of my list for January |

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun-filled 2014. You accomplished a lot. The great thing about unfulfilled resolutions is now you have a fresh new year to complete them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The year was amazing... hope yours was, too! And you're right... my 2015 list will include a few of last year's goals, plus a bunch of new ones. I'm looking forward to taking another run at them!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.