1.03.2015

Fifteen in 2015



Last year was the first time I've participated in this challenge, and it was eye-opening for me. It wasn't just declaring goals ahead of time; I'd always been good about doing this with my work. But once I retired, I was not so good about setting goals in my real life. But somehow publishing a list, then going back at the end of the year and seeing how I did... taking ownership of the things that were important to me that I didn't complete, and carrying them forward to the new year. That simple act made all the difference.

So in this brand new year, these fifteen things are what I'd like to accomplish:

Work more in black and white
Take a trip out of the country, to explore a bit more of this big, wide world
Keep working on those hand-written letters
Ride horses with my niece
Travel and photograph the Kittitas barn quilt trail
Explore and photograph the Palouse country
Frame photographs to hang at home
Finish at least one quilt... maybe the one that's been up on the design wall for a year
Clear out all the attics in my old farmhouse... and maybe clear out the attic in the garage, too
Spend part of the winter, either at the beginning or the end of the year, in a snowy place
Finish both bathroom remodel projects (joint with D) before something else breaks
Take that Kim Klassen Photoshop Elements class
Participate in an online photographic journey
Bring a puppy into my home
And last... more fly fishing adventures

Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. This is a good list. Hope you'll document your adventures and share them here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.