1.24.2015

Moments...

Rediscovered old favorites, a former biker bar in the south end that has a great beer selection and even better pizza... and a diner in downtown Bainbridge that's still going strong.


Some new toys... my first tablet which I absolutely love, and a new smart phone to replace my aging Motorola. I can be stubborn about clinging to the familiar, not wanting to move on to something better. But when I let go, I'm always happy. There's a life lesson there, I think.

Mom-in-law is doing well after her hip replacement. I hope at 82 I have her optimism and high spirits. She's a true joy in my life.

Mid-week found us on the ferry to Bainbridge with fly fishing friends, for a tour of the Sage fly rod company. Loved the day spent talking about nothing but fly fishing.


We ended the day with a pig roast, in downtown of all places... wherever did they cook it? I have a mental image of a huge rotisserie on the roof of the building, overlook the Pike Place Market.


Lots of rain made bookends for a couple of brilliant days. Yesterday I headed out for a wet-road drive out into the eastern reach of the county, to do maintenance on one of my geocaches. I didn't mind the weather; it's one of my favorite drives anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.