1.16.2015

Friday Finds | Driftwood from a long-ago beach

This morning I was rummaging around in one of the attics, looking for a box of old piano music (which I never found). But in a box of treasures saved from my childhood, I did find this.



I still remember finding this twisted bit of driftwood. We were camping at Beachside State Park in Oregon, where we always went for our summer holiday. Out on the beach for the day, my dad had all us girls looking for small pieces of driftwood for an art project. When I found this piece, polished smooth by the tides, wrapped around a striped rock, I thought it was beautiful.

How the stone got embedded into the wood will always be a mystery. But it's just as tight and immovable today as it was all those years ago, when a young girl picked it up off a beach.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photo... so nice that you have a lovely memory of your time at the beach when you were a young girl. That's amazing the stone is still in its place like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting find! I'm sure it brings back lots of good memories too.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.