1.30.2015

On the library stool in January...

This year, I may just list the really great stuff I find at the library, the new writers, especially the ones who win "best new author" awards every year. While exploring the new, I've also been trying to catch up on my favorite authors... since retiring I've not been all that good at keeping up. Sigh... never enough time.

Sara J. Henry is a new author to me, and she is amazing. Learning to Swim is the first in a series, followed by A Cold and Lonely Place. I'm anxiously awaiting the third in the series.

I also finished Tom Clancy's Command Authority (I, for one, am hoping for a new Jack Ryan movie franchise, with Chris Pine). I also finished Patricia Cornwell's Dust (oh, boy... not worth the time), Matt Coyle's Yesterday's Echo, and Rachel Abbott's The Back Road. And I started Barry Maitland's The Raven's Eye (awesome so far).

On the non-fiction side, I devoured Julie Adair King's book on my camera, Nikon D5200 for Dummies... I loved it so much, I bought a copy. There are so many tips and tricks in this book, it's been a great learning tool. I also loved The Art of Simple Food, but returned the second book in the series. It will be a better read this summer, when all the produce stands are full of fresh fruits and veggies.

I'm still waiting for Plenty and Plenty More, books that my friend, Cathy, introduced me to. I'm looking forward to trying some of her favorite recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.