1.12.2015

Fresh air...

It was a completely unexpected sunny day...  and I turned my back on all the things to do at home, and headed out for some fresh air in one of my favorite local "wild" places. There are so many developed parks around, with soccer fields and floodlights, and paved walking paths, and big parking lots. This park is a wide open space with no pavement anywhere, just dirt and gravel pathways, rolling hills, woods and creeks and ponds. Wild and open, this park was carved from old farms and pastures, and I love it.

The park was glistening in the sunlight, the sky bright blue. All the wet from the past few foggy days was still on the bushes and trees, and my shoes got wet walking through the grass. The creek was running strong.


I wasn't the only one out on this gorgeous afternoon. There were dog walkers, and park maintenance workers, and two high school kids, sitting on a bench by the lake.


I spotted this gorgeous eagle sitting high in a tree above the dock. His head was a combination of dark feathers and white, like he's turning from juvenile to adult.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I almost missed him up in the tree, because he doesn't yet have a completely white head. He moved when a huge flock of Canada geese came in to land on the pond, and gave away his position. It's always a thrill to see them up close!

      Delete
  2. The weather was such a gift for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the change in the weather so much. Even though I desperately long for snow, I can appreciate the warmth, too... and the chance to get some gardening done, before winter wakes up and remembers that it's supposed to be cold.

      Delete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.