1.26.2015

Cookbooks...

A friend of mine started an Instagram "play-along" this year, and as my personal winner of the who-owns-the-most-cookbooks contest, Cathy is the perfect person to do this. It's easy enough: cook from the cookbook she chooses for each month, or choose one of your own favorites. Then just post photographs and comments in Instagram when you cook from the book.

I chose this one, which is full of healthy recipes using ingredients from Trader Joe's. You don't need to run out and buy everything from TJ's of course... just use the ingredients list as a guideline.


For dinner on this rainy winter day, I made one of my favorites: "Creamy" Red Pepper-Basil Pasta. It's quick and tasty, and a full recipe will feed us for two nights... I like that.

You heat up the sauce ingredients while the pasta cooks. I increase the quantity of green peas, 'cause I like them. And I always add a few sliced fresh mushrooms. Or sauteed chanterelles from the freezer, if I have any left. You could also add leftover meat, like some chopped chicken or pork.


When the pasta is at the al dente stage, strain it then pour the pasta into an oven-proof dish. Pour the sauce over the top and swish it to distribute it evenly, add grated or shredded cheese on top, and bake it for 20-25 minutes. Yum.


If you want to follow along on Instagram, just do a search on #nowshecooks.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love anything from Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious!
    that cathy comes up with the best ideas, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.