7.11.2014

Alone at the beach

The last of the clan left today, and we're all alone here, on this stretch of coastline. My sister and her daughters, Anna and her daughters headed home yesterday. Our niece and her boyfriend left this morning. I miss the sounds of laughter, communal cooking, creaking chairs, chatter.


Low tide was at 6:30 this morning, and I'd already been on the beach for an hour. It will be sunny today, but it's cool this early, with not a breath of wind to tangle my hair. I walked out to the edge of land, then explored the rocks and pools before heading upriver to poke through the driftwood. I dragged a few pieces back that will make good walking sticks, and watched the sun come over the top of the bluff.

My footprints were the only ones on the beach... except for a pair of small five-toed mammals that were there before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.