7.28.2014

Random thoughts

It's hard to not be at the cabin on such a hot day, the lake always in view, cool and inviting. We're heading into a long warm, dry season, with no rain in sight. And the only place I want to be is at the lake.

So I turned my back on such thoughts, and concentrated on getting ready for the next cabin weekend. The laundry is finished, and I've repacked the lake box. It was nice in the basement, at least 15 degrees cooler.

We're talking about getting a pair of kayaks for the lake, a way to get out on the water solo. We could also fly fish from a kayak, instead of climbing into waders and boots and launching our float tubes. It would be fun to take them on road trips, too... maybe try out the lakes on the Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway near Mt. Bachelor. We've been there several times the past few decades, and the lakes are so beautiful they just beg you to come and explore... perfect for a kayak.

I've been in size 12 jeans and shorts for a month now, and today I bought a pair of size 10 jeans. It's the first time I've been this size for a couple of decades, and it sure feels good.

James, our aging blond cat, is feeling pretty good, too. There's a new spring in her step, and she can get up on the sofa without a footstool. I caught her trotting down the stairs the other day; this cat who has been stiff and arthritic for several years now, is moving like a cat half her age. Still, these hot days encourage her to do only one thing... sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.