7.07.2014

Kalaloch quilting

What can I say... it's wet here. Even when it's not raining, all that green comes with a price. The damp seeps into your clothes, then into your bones. But it's beautiful here.

After we set up our tent and unrolled our pads and bags, we walked across the road to the group campfire and settled down to talk. I pulled out my quilt blocks, and as soon as Ella saw the colored fabric pieces, she pulled her chair close and wanted to see what I was doing. So I explained to this small 6-year-old girl how the hexagons are stitched together into flowers. She washed her hands and took control of the pieces, handing them to me one at a time. Dare I hope she'll be a quilter one day?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.