7.12.2014

The edge of the ocean

Last night I went to sleep in a tent at the edge of the ocean. The sound of the surf rang in my ears and lulled me to sleep. I fought against it, lying on my stomach in the tent watching the light die over the waves, not wanting to give in and go to sleep.


This morning we got up early for a final walk on the beach. It's the lowest tide yet, and we wanted to take advantage of it before we head for home. The morning fog was hanging over the hill behind us, but it was still and warm on the beach. All the rock formations were surrounded by sand, easy to explore, with crystal clear pools full of tiny fish and sea anemones and crabs, even a few hermit crabs and one lone starfish.


It was hard to turn my back on the ocean and head back to camp, harder still to pack up and head for home. These days at the beach with our family were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.