7.04.2014

Friday the Fourth

We'd planned to spend the day at home, catching up on projects. Instead, a last-minute invitation took us to Tacoma to spend the day with friends.

The Ruston Way street fair. The deck @ Dukes. Boats and blue water and views of Vashon. Buckets of beer for the table. Amazing ceviche shared with Davey, skewers of prawns and scallops, chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches. We had the best seats for the air show, no one between my Nikon and a stream of planes,  including a purple & white Russian Sukoi, a Lockheed Harpoon bomber, a bright red biplane, and a P-51 Mustang. And did I mention the sunshine?



For the first time since we moved to the farm, there were fireworks displays right in our little valley... three of them, in fact. We had a perfect view from our bedroom windows, and were not at all worried that the noise would bother James. I hate that my cat is deaf, except on this day.

I don't usually post this many photographs, but playing with servo mode on the Nikon was just too much fun. You can tell by the images that the bright red biplane was my favorite in the show.














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.