7.31.2014

Hot summer days...

Another hot day; I've lost track of how many there have been, but I'm not complaining. The warmth feels good.

Nine yummy books came in for me at the library, landscape photography mostly, plus a couple of books on the best places to photograph the beauty of my home state. A brand-new book on this subject is on order through the library, and I'll get one of the first copies.

The 90 degree day drove me downstairs again... a good day to work in the wine cellar. We stored wine for friends while they built their retirement home, and now that empty space is just begging to be filled. Dave's Mayer Cellars wines will go there as soon as I assemble a new rack for them.

Natalie and Anton cooked dinner for us; they head for Alaska in the morning and will be gone until the end of September. While they're gone, we'll work on our bathroom remodel projects... starting with the cabin. I'll do just about anything to get back to the lake, even learn basic plumbing and electrical skills.

After dinner, I wrote for a while, and edited photographs. I love this view of an oxbow lake near Fall City... still and calm and peaceful on a hot summer day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.