11.13.2015

Favorites...

One of my favorite views of Mt. Adams is from the overlook on the way to Sunrise. On a clear day with no haze along the horizon, you can see four of the Cascade peaks from here: Rainier, Adams, Glacier, and Baker. On this beautiful day near the end of June this year, we were lucky enough.


It's the second tallest of the volcanoes in the Washington Cascades, and (I'm told) the easiest to climb; more of a hike to the top (although a tough hike). On this bright June day, I loved that it was so covered in snow and ice, in spite of a winter when snowfalls were scarce. From this vantage point, it sits in a cradle of jagged peaks, just as Rainier looks when viewed from the high ground near our little farm.

1 comment:

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.