11.05.2015

Misty day...


It's warmed up, but the rain is back with a vengeance. DW is glad he cleaned gutters yesterday! I puttered much of the morning, then snuggled with Murphy (who has taken up residence between us on the sofa), and browsed some of my favorite landscape photography blogs.

We're going to a release party at DeLille Cellars tonight, and took the back roads. On the way we made a stop at Snoqualmie Falls, to see what all this rain has done to the flow of water. It was pretty spectacular,. but the mist blowing in our faces made the falls hard to see. I brought the Nikon, but it was so wet at the overlook, I kept it safely in my bag and used my cell phone instead.

Growing up here, I must have visited the falls hundreds of times, but I never get tired of it. One of these next nice days, before winter really arrives, I'd like to come back and hike to the base of the falls. That's something I've never done.

When we drove home this evening, there was mist in all the low, wet places... just like at the falls. Beautiful, and just a bit spooky.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a typical PNW day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes... grey and damp and misty. Something you're quite familiar with, I'd guess!

      Delete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.