12.20.2015

Ready for snow...



Rainy days are quiet days here... it's easy to turn my focus inside and take care of housekeeping, keep the fire going and the house toasty warm, and be content with observing the outdoors through the windows. It's been tough to keep the feeders topped up, and the birds have taken over the orchard trees. Three pair of mallard ducks spent the day on the pond, then left when dusk came.

I stood in the bedroom and looked at the pond, so high right now because of all the rain. In the late afternoon light, there was the most beautiful reflection of tree trunks. I wonder if I can get close enough to capture this, with the marshy ground all around the pond? I haven't had barn boots since my last horse went... time to start shopping for those Bogs.

I'm ready for snow. It's been way too many years since we had a white Christmas, and I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. Bogs are the best any season :) Did you get your snow? We did not, which I am ok with. It was sunny and in the 40's.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.